Tuesday 17 March 2009

Second job; First in Sydney

I'm working at Mamak. Yes, you got that right :):) It sounds wrong if you work in a Mamak in Malaysia. Not in Sydney though. Mamak is a restaurant in Chinatown, on Goulburn St. During peak hours, you gotta queue up for at least 20 minutes. There wasn't a time when we didn't queue whenever we went there for dinner.

After going through an interview last Thursday with the 3 bosses. One of them called me up, asking me to go for a trial for about 4 weeks. I already went once; yesterday. It wasn't THAT bad except the part where I had to memorize the table numbers, abbreviations when taking orders, stacking up plates and bowls when clearing tables etc etc.

The worst part was, I couldn't make the dough! (for the roti) Not even one T.T The others tried to teach me so many times but failed. Omg.


The menu which I have to memorise.


Uniform- Tee


CAN'T WAIT TO GET MY FIRST PAY
:D:D

4 comments:

ursie said...

congrats; i'm also working in f&b lol. [:

any idea how much's yr salary.

Christine LCY. said...

hey thanks. where are u working?
i'm working.. $10/hour.
So much for hoping at least $15/hour T.T

What about you..

Nic said...

ooo mamak. cooollll
haha ROOKIE! don't worrrehhh first time is always a challenge...
I felt damn blur on my first day =.=
Anyways, glad u found a job! ;P
10 bucks arh. Come back here and spend would be oh-so-worth-it...

ursie said...

lucky! only six bucks per hr for me, but oh well. better than nthg i guess. >.<