Wednesday 11 March 2009

Day 1 of Uni Life

9 am- Accounting tutorial
Was 5 minutes late when I walked into my very first tutorial this morning. Accounting tutorial. My tutor, was surprisingly young. Like a 22 or 23 year old, could be a Honours/Masters student. And by the time I arrived, most of my classmates had already introduced themselves. I said 'Sorry I'm late. My name is Christine and I'm from Malaysia and I've been in Sydney for the past year' Then I saw some smiles from some friendly girls.

As expected, there was only one white boy. Though I believed most of the Asians in my class were born and bred in Sydney. Hence, their accent.

Break for 4 hours.

2 pm- Economics lecture
The crowd of students outside the Law Theatre were building up massively. I was one of them, waiting outside Law Theatre for this lecture. By the time we got in, there weren't enough enough for Sarah and I to sit as together. So we had to split up. I swear I could not understand my lecturer's accent. It was like Italian/Greek/Spanish/some weird Middle Eastern accent. When the lecture finally finished, I told Sarah, 'I cannot understand a thing she just said. Let's change lecture'


Break for 3 hours [If you've just realized, we had 7 hours of break time in total!! XD]
And this was how we killed the time; eating cakes @ 85 degree Celsius bakery shop.



Sarah made me laughed at least 10 times today


6pm- Quantitative Methods A Lecture [QMA]
Omg, what a terrible way to end my first day of university. Like before, people were already crowding outside Law Theatre (again!) for this lecture. As students were settling down, the lecturer suddenly yelled "Now do you have any consideration for other people?! You want to be in my class, SHUT UP!" (in a very thick Aussie accent) Honestly, I was so terrified by his first words for us. Immediately, the whole theatre was in pin drop silent situation. His name was John Ablett, or rather, Dr. John Ablett. I looked at the clock hung by the side of the theatre for at least 15 times. Those 2 hours were definitely slow. And what's worse than not understanding QMA for the first lecture. Hardship, here I come!!

No comments: