Sunday 1 March 2009

BOYCOTT RTA!!♦

The following is my complaint letter to the RTA (Roads and Transport Authority and not that they'd cared to reply me anyways):

To whom it may concerned,


I am a Temporary Resident of NSW and I just took a driving test this morning at a RTA office in Maroubra. I passed the test and could be given a Green P licence (I have held my Malaysian licence for 18 months). To my dismay, I was not eligible to be given the licence as my last entry into Australia was on the 21st of February 2009. I would like to argue that I was in fact in Australia for six continuous months prior taking my DKT test (Arrived Australia on the 17th March 2008 at that time).


According to your website, http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/licensing/visitorstonsw/gettingnswlicence.html quoted ‘As a temporary overseas visitor, you will only be eligible to apply for a NSW licence once you have been in Australia for a continuous period of at least six months immediately prior to licence application.’ This policy has some ambiguities as the term ‘licence application’ was not specific enough. This term could be the process of applying a licence which starts from taking a DKT test. It did not specify that I should be in Australia for six continuous months before I could be issued with a licence.


Moreover, I tried applying for the driving test immediately after my DKT test which was done on the 17th December 2008. Unfortunately, there were no available times until February 2009. By then, I had already booked my air ticket for me to go back to my home country on the 23rd December 2008.


So six months from now, not only I have to sit for another driving test in which I have actually passed this morning, but to pay $44 again for the test due to this vague policy of RTA. I hope you take this into consideration to re-evaluate this part of your policy. If you need proof that I will be staying here in Australia for the next six months, I would gladly show the RTA my proof confirmation of an enrolled student in the University of New South Wales.



Yours sincerely,

Christine Loo







You should probably know the gist of my problem now. Fuckit.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your blog is very enriched. You can see my website Touchofgenius which is leading beauty salon maroubra, spray tan maroubra, waxing maroubra, facial treatments maroubra, pedicure maroubra, manicure maroubra, touch of genius, Australia.